Thursday, April 11, 2013

Watercolour Wonders

Pin It
Watercolouring is one of my favourite techniques.  Each card you make is completely unique & sometimes what looks like a disaster can turn into a masterpiece (that is how the poppy card came about!)
For this card I started by inking the Pleasant Poppies stamp with Stampin' Write Markers & stamped the image on Watercolour Paper.  Next I sprayed the paper with water, let it run & then left it to dry.  I finished it with a Baja Breeze wash.  I was planning on mounting this on Baja Breeze CS but it stood out better on the Real Red with a black background, then I thought "oh, Caterbury colours" then I thought "Hang on, poppies, red, ANZAC Day!"
 
This card uses exactly the same method but I changed the colours to Wisteria Wonder & Perfect Plum & used the Serene Silhouettes stamp set. I have also embossed the contrasting CS with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder on both cards.
 
If you would like to purchase any of Stampin' Up!'s fantastic products, just click on the shop now button below. 
 
If you would like to learn watercolouring or any other techniques please Contact Me & I will arrange something to suit you.
 
 
 
 
 

Pin It

No comments:

Click Below To Contact Me