This is a first for me – I am entering a Just Add Ink scrapbooking challenge! Just
Add Ink is an amazing site where each week the awesome team of designers publish their ideas of a paper craft sketch to inspire others. A great place to go if you need some inspiration.
This months scrapbooking “map” caught my eye, so here goes!
& here is my take on it.
These photos were taken of me as a baby at our family bach on Waiheke Island. Unfortunately I have put the watermark right over me learning to walk with 2 of my Great Aunts – Ina & Lou. Dad is also at the side of the bach fixing his fishing nets. The larger photo is of Grandad, Grandma, Mum, Me, Aunty Lou & Uncle Eric.
Waiheke will always hold a special place in my heart as will the family in these photos as Mum & I are the only ones left. I thought the stamp I have used for the title from the Feels Good set worked well with this.
Anyway, you don’t want to know that, you want to know how I made this fabulous page!
You really have to love Stampin’ Up! for continuously brining out new product so we nearly always have new techniques to try.
The background strip is the new Pool Party Core’dinations card stock (CS). I ran one end of it through the Big Shot using the Cloudy Day embossing folder. This range of CS has a contrasting colour in the centre that will show when you sand it however, the Pool Party that I have used here is quite subtle & I felt it got lost with the strong colours on the page. How did I solve this? With bling of course!
After I had added Dazzling Diamonds to the clouds the other end didn’t look right & I was not able to get that end in the embossing folder & have the clouds going in the same direction, so I used a bit of Kiwi ingenuity
Stamping with Bling
- “Ink” a flourish style stamp like the the one from Creative Elements that I have used with a 2-Way Glue Pen
- Stamp glue onto CS
- Sprinkle over Dazzling Diamonds
The DSP’s I used were Sycamore Street from the SAB catalogue (I am soooooo going to miss this!) & International Bizarre. This allowed me to bring in contrasting colours of Rich Razzleberry & Daffodil Delight.
To make these flowers
- punched 4-5 of circles using the 7/8” Scallop Circle Punch out of Whisper White CS for each flower
- sponge both sides with Daffodil Delight & Rich Razzleberry ink
- cut at each scallop but be careful not to cut down to far or they will fall off!
- screw each one up tightly then carefully unfold them
- stack 4-5 together, punch a hole in the middle & insert a brad to hold them
- play with them until they sit how you like them.
Colouring Flower Trim
- Colour the Vanilla Flower Trim using a Daffodil Delight Marker
- Allow to dry a bit then run the side of a Rich Razzleberry Marker over the edge of the petals
Now that you have some new ideas, why not hop over to Just Add Ink & enter one of their challenges!