Sunday, December 2, 2012

Love, Family & Friendship.

Pin It

We had such a special occasion the other week that it has even made me blog, which as you have no doubt noticed, doesn’t happen that often!  Our fabulous leader Jacque married her dream man Robert & they joined their 2 families together.  It was such a lovely day at Wenderholm where the ceremony & celebration were held & many of us had a tear in our eyes.  What made it so special was the inclusion of both of their children.  Rob gave Jacque’s daughters Maddy, Kjristi & Sofie a ring & Jacque gave Rob’s son Bayley a ring.

2012-09-15 006 027 blog

They were married by another one of our team members, the fabulous Bron Heslop in her Naval whites.  Of course there were Stampin’ Up! touches everywhere.  The flowers were tied with SU ribbon, the girls dresses were  trimmed with SU Crumb Cake tulle & even the cup cakes had toppers made with SU product.

With so many creative people at the wedding, I had to make sure that the present & card from my team was the best it could be.  We were told no presents but I just wanted to do something special for them.  It was time to think outside the square & out of my comfort zone.  As it happened the colours & vintage style I chose matched the style of the wedding perfectly.

2012-09-15 006 006 blog

I used one of our new Kraft Gift Boxes as the base.  I love these boxes & at $5.95 for 4 they are great value.  The panels on the sides & lids were created using the “faux patina” technique with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder & then layered on Early Espresso CS.

While I was playing around with some of the Crumb Cake Tulle  the other day, I accidently discovered that it melts & scrunches up when heated.  It looked a little bit like a butterfly in flight then when I looked again I realised that it also looked like a Bridal veil or train.  So after a bit of playing around, this is what I came up with.

blog pic

I have used Gold Card Stock for the base card & embossed the edge with the Delicate Designs folder which I love.  For the top panel I used the same technique as I did for the box but used the Lacy Brocade folder from the Holiday Mini instead.  The finishing touch was the addition of small hearts punched for our yummy Champagne Glimmer Paper. 

Happy Stamping

Ann

Pin It

3 comments:

Paula Reid said...

Really love how you've decorated the box and you card is lovely. Yes it was a great day.

Sally Williams said...

What a beautiful box and card Ann

Julia said...

LOVE IT!!!! looks awesome and a great gift!!

Click Below To Contact Me