Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Inset Technique

Pin It

I’m not sure that this is the correct name for this technique, but it makes sense to me Smile.  This technique is so simple, yet it turns a basic card into a WOW!  All you do is glue whatever shapes you choose onto your card & run it through the Big Shot using my new favourite Embossing folder, the Square Lattice.  I love how this folder adds extra dimension & texture to your projects.

This first card is my first attempt at “quilting” with paper.  A fantastic way to use up left-overs!  I have used Baja Breeze card stock & Elegant Soiree DSP.  I’ve added Chantilly Lace & Antique Brad & Pearl to enhance the vintage look of the card.

P1010413

This is a card I made for my Up-line Julia Leece’s birthday.  It uses the same technique as above but I have used our awesome new Create a Cupcake stamp set & the Build a Cupcake Punch.  Got to love this punch, no more cutting out fiddly bits!

P1010394

The colour combination is Concord Crush & Pear Pizzazz from our current in-colours & I have use Crystal Effects on the cherries to give them more dimension.

This last card is what my Stamp Club will be making this week, although they will have a colour choice!  I actually cased this idea off Lisa Bullock who is a very clever member of our team.

P1010422

This is such a yummy colour combination – Mariner Mist, Rich Razzelberry, Blushing Bride & Perfect Plum.  Below is what it looks like when you open the card.

P1010423

That’s all for today folks, so until next time

Happy Stamping

Ann

Pin It

6 comments:

Alison said...

Lovely cards you have made with inbed technique.

Debbie Lamb said...

These look great Ann. Love the cupcake one and I'm sure Julia loved her birthday card :)

Anita said...

You have been very busy and your work is all very lovely. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Anita said...

You have been very busy. Love all your projects. I feel inspired. Thanks for sharing.

kareN stampZ said...

Very cool I really love the circle one :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ann - I LOVE that quilted card! I might have to CASE that one for my Mum. :-) Your circles are cool too. Clever girl!

Click Below To Contact Me