This is the first time that I have tried the Polished Stone Technique & Wow! I love it! It is always fun to get messy & have inky fingers but this is as good as finger painting at Play Centre!What You Will Need:
- Isopropyl Alcohol (from Chemist)
- Cotton Balls – I used Swisspers the cheaper ones will leave ”fluff”
- Glossy Card Stock (10x13.5 cm; 9.5x6cm; 9x6cm)
- Wisteria Wonder Card Stock (10.5x21cm, score at 7cm; 7x20cm, score at 10cm)
- Whisper White Card Stock (10x6.5; 2 at 9.5 x 6.5cm)
- By the Tide Stamp Set
- Versamark Stamp Pad
- Black Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool
- Re-Inkers – Gumball Green, Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette
- Frost White Shimmer Paint
- Fancy Fan Folder
- Big Shot
1. Dampen a cotton ball with alcohol & drop re-inkers in colours of your choice on (I dropped 1 drop of each colour on opposite sides of the cotton ball.
2. Use a toothpick or similar to add a drop of Frost White Shimmer Paint.
3. Using a “pouncing” motion cover your 9.5 x 6cm & 9 x 6cm Glossy Card Stock until you have the effect you like. The alcohol will help to blend colours so the more you pounce the more blended it will become.
I have used lighter colours in this sample – the white areas are the Shimmer Paint
Here I used Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant, Gumball Green & Frost White Shimmer Paint.
4. Stamp images of your choice on these panels with Versamark & then emboss with Black Embossing Powder.
5. Layer the panels onto Whisper White & then the appropriate Wisteria Wonder pieces.
The large, lighter panel was actually meant for something else. I used Pink Pirouette, Wisteria Wonder & Baja Breeze re-inkers & the Frost White Shimmer paint on it. I then stamped an image onto that I didn’t like so I embossed it with the Fancy Fan folder. Then when I was playing with layout for the above card I tried it as the background & really liked it, but that meant I had a big purple teapot in the middle of the card! That is when I decided to make this a Joy Fold Card to cover up my mistake!
6. Layer the large embossed panel on the Wisteria Wonder Card then attach the smaller card with the fish on top.
This card looks complicated but it is actually very easy.
I have a class coming up where you can make this card plus one featuring our fabulous Swallowtail butterfly stamp. Bookings for classes are essential as I only have a maximum of 8 in my classes.
Book Here or if you would like to try this at home, visit my store for supplies.