For those of you who didn’t manage to attend our Team Extravaganza the other week, I have posted the tutorial for the Magic Card I designed & taught. It is a lot easier than it looks and you can let your imagination run wild with your choice of stamp sets.
This is the Card closed
Now how do you do that I hear you ask?
Here’s the tutorial
Designed by Ann Wills
Instructed by Ann Wills & Julia Leece
· Friends 24-7
· Friendly Words Jumbo Wheel
Baja Breeze CS (1/2 an A4 cut lengthways + Scrap for Tab) Whisper White CS (20cm x 13 & 13¾ x 9½ cm)
Acetate Window Sheet (12½ x 7 ¼ cm) Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon (30 cm)
Watercolour Paper (2cm strip cut from side) Water Colour Wonder Crayons (Bold Brights & Earth Elements)
Sticky Strip Mini Glue Dots
Staz-On Black Ink Pad Chocolate Chip Ink Pad
Chocolate Chip Jumbo Cartridge Baja Breeze Ink Refill
Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (SAMJ) Stamping sponge
Stampin’ Around Wheel Guide & Jumbo Handle Aqua Painters & Blender Pens
Curly Label, 1” Circle, Round Tab & Corner Rounder Punches Crop-A-Dile
Crimper Heat Gun
Handy towels & plastic plate
1. Use Wheel guide & Jumbo Friendly Words Wheel to cover 1 side of the large piece of Baja Breeze (BB) with Chocolate Chip (CC). Fold in ½ on score line.
2. Using the Curly Label Punch, push it as far as it reaches from the bottom of the front of the card & punch hole. Line punch up from bottom again so that it joins the 1st hole & punch again. Repeat from the top of the card. You should end up with a large hole in the shape of the Curly Label Punch.
3. Sponge all outside edges of BB card with CC.
4. Ink up the bird from Friends 24-7 in Staz-On black & stamp in the middle of the Watercolour paper.
5. Stamp bird on SAMJ sheet. Place acetate over Watercolour paper, then place SAMJ sheet over this. Line up the 2 birds & place SAMJ handle. Remove SAMJ sheet & stamp bird on the acetate (be careful not to rock the stamp or it will smudge).
6. Colour in the bird on the paper using Water Colour Crayons & Blender Pens (you need to make the colours quite bright).
7. Using an Aqua Painter, pick up some BB ink off a palette. You can vary the colour by adding more water. “Wash” around the outside of the bird. Add more ink to make it darker if you wish. If it is too wet, wick up water with a handy towel. Speed up drying with a Heat Gun.
8. Crimp scrap of Watercolour paper & cut to width of card. Tie knot in ribbon & adhere to crimped paper using glue dots. Adhere this to front of card with ribbon ends adhered to inside front of card
9. Fold the larger piece of Whisper White (WW) in ½ & use a piece of Sticky Strip to adhere together down long side as close to the edge as possible to make a pocket. Adhere Sticky Strip to both long sides on one side of the pocket. Adhere to inside front of card over ribbon ends.
10. Use 1” Circle to punch ½ circle in front of card where the pull tag will go.
11. Use Corner Rounder Punch on all corners of the other piece of WW. Stamp greeting in the middle & sponge edges in CC if desired. Adhere to inside of card using SNAIL.
12. Align the 2 bird images & adhere together with folded Round Tab & Sticky Strip. Punch hole in Tab with Crop-a-dile & thread through ribbon.
13. Slide acetate between the pocket & card front & the watercoloured image in the pocket. Pull it out – Magic!